A bit about me
Over the past 30 years I've worked with the PC revolution, helped invent Internet Advertising, pioneered Social Media engagement, and travelled the world helping companies work in a rapidly changing environment. And every step of the way I've learned something new and surprising from the people I've had the honor to work with.
Getting the business strategy to align with the technical realities is the first step. Digital strategy requires looking at how our culture is evolving, how people are adapting to new technologies, not just how to get them to adopt your app.
- Director of Customer Enablement at Cloudenity
- Enterprise Architect at NWEA (see my blog Meaningful Work that I Get Paid For)
- Client/Project Management & Global Training Director at Apigee (see Apigee Projects)
- Primary at Conquent 20 person internet technologies shop (see Conquent Projects)
- VP Emerging Technologies e/y/e/s/c/r/e/a/m interactive Managing in-house and contract teams for new (at the time) advertising vehicles and tracking methods.
Additionally, I have worked with a range of processes and management tools
- Agile/Lean (both as a practice and in Atlassian's JIRA)
- Waterfall Project Management
- Project Blueprinting
- Contract Management
Communication skills are critical with increasingly complex technology and media tools. Aside from solid documentation and proposal writing skills, I maintain a professional blog and have been invited to speak as an industry leader for many high-profile events.
- SXSW Interactive: Twitter and Brand Entertainment speaker two consecutive years
- Adweek Social Media Conference: Presentation on social media issues to marketing industry
- Transportation Research Board (TRB): Presentation of project development at national conference in Washington DC
- Apigee Academy: International in-person presentations and recorded training programs (see http://academy.apigee.com/learn/create-and-manage-apis)
And I'm not just a pretty face. Hands on experience leads to better understanding of the risks and rewards of different solutions under different circumstances.
- API Management
- Database Programming
- Programming Languages
- Server Technologies
- Productivity/Management Software
See my Technical Skills page for the details
But probably your best bet is to ping me through this handy-dandy form. It will find me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.